WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE
Do you want to work for one of the coolest jean’s brands in the Netherlands? We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active person to join the Finance team. So, are you passionate about fashion, service minded and looking for a new opportunity Then we are looking for you!
The Finance Manager is the head of the finance department of Denham the Jeanmaker B.V. and takes the responsibilities of financial tasks related to European business and HQ activities. As the Finance Manager, you are expected to play the essential role in team management, effectively deploy the resource and allocate the tasks, oversee the work result, and motivate team members to reach the team goal. Meanwhile, it is equally important that you are a hands-on manager, capable of dealing with specific tasks/projects yourself and fill the resource/knowledge gaps of the team where needed.
The Finance Manager is an important business partner in the organization. You will be working closely with the department head of each function and the management board to ensure that the business is well managed based on the approved annual budget and the major risks are under control with mitigation plans in place. In this position you will report to Group CFO.
• Organize and plan finance/accounting tasks in an effective manner and ensure the department goals are achieved.
• Clearly define the roles and responsibilities of each team member and provide necessary coaching and guidance to ensure that each member deliver the expected result.
• Review and improve the monthly closing procedure to ensure that the monthly reporting deck could be submitted to the group HQ with good quality.
• Provide the management report and interpret the financial results to the commercial team with the recommendation of further course of actions.
• Manage the annual budgeting and financial forecasting process and support CFO and the management board to achieve the company financial goals.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost saving opportunities in various of areas.
• Lead and manage the audit schedule and act as the key contact to ensure the smooth and effective communication with the auditor.
• Ensure that the key control points are in place for the operation procedure and system. No weak control point is identified during the audit
• Responsible for the correct execution of the authority schedule, including correcting others when not executed properly.
• Conduct annual insurance program review and ensure that all major risks are sufficiently covered
• In charge of and supervise all banking related procedure. And take necessary actions to prevent fraud risks
• Lead financial related tasks in ERP, Ecom and Reporting system upgrading projects.
• Continuously explore the opportunities for the financial system optimization.
• Closely supervise and direct AR related work. Manage the credit risks effectively.
• Develop the trends and projection of company cash flow, and support CFO to ensure that the adequate funds are in place to support the business to develop.
• Effectively deal with all tax related issues and new regulations with the support of external consultants. Always on top of changes within (tax) law and regulations.
• Contract management, including the execution of the correct signing procedure, checking terms and conditions and administration.
• 10+ years’ experiences in accounting/financial professional.
• 5+ years' proven experience in a financial management position.
• Highly experienced in effectively managing, guiding and leading employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are adopted.
• Experience in an international company.
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge in Dutch GAAP.
• Working knowledge of Dutch statutory legislation and regulations.
• Experience with business controlling is a plus.
• Working experiences in retail/fashion industry is necessary.
• Professional accounting/finance qualification will be considered as a plus.
• Fluent in both Dutch and English, German is a plus.
• The finance manager needs to be confident to work in a fast growing and international environment with culture sensitivity.
• Flexible with the working time and able to handle the ad hoc tasks with the good level of flexibilities.
• Good influencing power to mobilize cross-function team to achieve financial budget.
• Able to deal with the pressure and overtime where necessary.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive extra benefits like travel expenses, 25 holidays per year, company pension scheme, and a benefit package where you can find a wide range of discounts. Plus our company chef serves amazing lunches.
Here at DENHAM, we aim to create the best possible workplace for our team. We offer our employees lots of perks and discounts on DENHAM collections. Our team is young, creative and energetic, and we embrace a family vibe … plus, we love to plan a party from time to time!
If you believe you are a suitable candidate, please apply by using the Apply Now!